Almond Beach Resort has only 25 rooms and each comes with A/C, ceiling fans, Wi-Fi, cable TV, mini fridge, coffee maker, and safe. There are four 340-450 sq.ft. Ocean View Rooms sitting only 120 ft. from the Caribbean Sea. They come with a king bed and a private balcony or porch. Four One-Bedroom Beachfront Suites also sit 120 ft. from the sea and feature a kitchenette, dining area, a queen bed in the master bedroom and a queen wall bed in the living area. Two Ocean View Deluxe Rooms sit on the second floor and are 656 sq. ft. One comes with a king bed and a queen wall bed in the living area and the other layout option is a comes with a king bed and bath tub in the living area, perfect for couples! Three Beachfront Rooms on the third floor offer some of the best Caribbean views and sit only 60 ft. from the water. Beachfront Rooms have a king bed and either a set of bunk beds or two wall beds. Four Beachfront Thatched Casitas are popular among honeymooners with their location directly on the beach along with a king bed and outdoor shower. Another popular honeymoon option as well as being popular with families is the Beachfront Penthouse Suite. This single 1000 sq. ft. suite is located on the third floor, offering privileged views of the Caribbean Sea from the front deck and Maya Mountains from the back deck. It comes with a fully equipped kitchen, king bed, rain shower, and jacuzzi tub, all sitting at 120 ft. from the ocean. There are four Two-Bedroom Beachfront Suites, which combine the One Bedroom Suite with the Ocean View Room. Finally, the 2860 sq. ft. Five-Bedroom Owner’s Penthouse is perfect for families or small groups and it comes with a barbeque grill on the veranda, fully equipped kitchen, dining area, and jacuzzi tub in the master bathroom.
Many guests of Almond Beach Resort spend a fair amount of their time enjoying the pools and beach. However, when you’re not “busy” soaking up sunshine and playing in the gentle waves, make sure to explore the Garifuna town of Hopkins. A short walk/bike ride away will lead you to the center of this Garifuna village, rich with culture and delicious, local dining. Garifuna musical performances with typical drumming and dance are seen at Jaguar Reef restaurant during some evenings. For those wanting to indulge, Butterflies Spa offers a full menu of treatments either in their jungle rooms or over the water on the spa dock. With the Mesoamerican Reef, rainforest, and Maya ruins a short distance away, a number of half-day and full-day activities are available.
- Located just outside of Hopkins Village
- 22 rooms and a 5-bedroom villa
- Every room features A/C, ceiling fans, Wi-Fi, cable TV, mini fridge, coffee maker, and safe
- Pool with swim up bar
- Jaguar Reef Restaurant
- Butterflies Spa with full service menu and spa dock
- Hobie-cats available
- Complimentary kayaks and stand-up paddleboards (SUP)
- Complimentary Garifuna drumming performance in the main restaurant
- Nearby activities include waterfalls, cave tubing, Mayan ruins, snorkeling, diving, reef fishing, rappel, canopy zipline, horseback riding, birding, Garifuna drumming, bioluminescence, and Monkey River
- Certificate of Excellence: Hall of Fame 2011-2016 (TripAdvisor)
- *Cash free resort, Visa and Mastercard payment only