At the Ray Caye Island Resort there are just nine luxury cabanas that wrap around this Caribbean island. Each of the cabanas come with one or two queen beds, ceiling fans, A/C, private bathrooms with hot water, safe, hairdryer, and a private deck overlooking crystal clear Caribbean blue water. Even though you’re on a private island, there’s no sacrificing modern amenities because every cabana also features flat screen TVs, Wii Sports, DVD player with library, and complimentary Wi-Fi. If you have a larger group of friends or family, why not rent out the entire island (maximum capacity of 26 people)!
What is there to do on a private island other than relax with a refreshing beverage? Plenty! The island has a brand new spa & gym area, yoga deck, a freshwater pool, two docks (north and south facing) for swimming, fishing, and snorkeling, a volleyball court, the Lionfish Bar & Grille, and a dive shop. A diverse menu is created from the freshest seafood catch, local produce and herbs (some grown in their own organic garden), as well as fresh baked breads. Complimentary use of kayaks, pedal boats, paddle boards, Hobie cats, and snorkeling gear will keep you in or on the beautiful blue waters for hours. Don’t be surprised to see a number of marine creatures right in front of your room – turtles, snapper, reef fish, rays, and more!
Ray Caye’s white-sand island has a prime location minutes from the popular Gladden Split and a couple miles from the Mesoamerican Reef. The Gladden Split is one of the best places to see the idyllic whale shark during the popular April to June months. Since Ray Caye Island Resort has a fully equipped dive shop with dive boats and dive masters, it’s a one-stop-shop for diving, especially given its strategically close location to some of the main dive sites.
- 7.1-acre private island 18 miles from Placencia
- 9 waterfront cabanas with A/C, TV, Wi-FI, safe, deck, and private bathroom
- All meals included
- Pool with wrap around deck
- Brand new spa & gym area
- Yoga deck
- Fresh and delicious food and drink at the Lionfish Bar & Grille
- Spa services – massage, scrubs, facials – in room or on south pier
- Complimentary water activities – snorkeling, kayaks, pedal boats, paddle boards, and Hobie Cats
- PADI dive shop, dive boats, and dive masters
- Private fishing boats and local captains for reef or fly fishing
- Minutes from Gladden Split and a couple miles from Mesoamerican Reef
- Certificate of Excellence, 2016 (TripAdvisor)
- Pack for a Purpose Hotel – ask us how you can help bring donations to local communities