At Arenas del Mar there are just 38 rooms divided between seven 3-story buildings. These 38 rooms are divided between Superior Rooms or Suites with different views available. Every room features a king bed with 400 count organic cotton linens, A/C, Wi-Fi, international cable TV, coffee maker, safe, minibar, and spacious bathroom. The main differences between the Superior categories and Suite categories is the Suites offer an outdoor Jacuzzi on a 330 sq. ft. deck, a separate living area with pull-out couch, and a second bathroom. Families and groups can connect a Suite with a Superior Room to form a two-bedroom, three bathroom connecting room.
Arenas del Mar masters the art of combining all the amenities of a luxury resort within a boutique hotel atmosphere all while being a leader in sustainability. The property features two pools, two bars, two restaurants, spa, and direct access to the public Playa Espadilla and the near private Playa Playitas. Make sure to spend a day lounging on Playitas Beach with neighboring monkeys and sloths while sipping the delicious signature rum cocktail. Sunbathe at the pool up near El Mirador Restaurant, which overlooks the Pacific Ocean and Manuel Antonio National Park.
Arenas del Mar has been awarded five leaves of sustainable tourism by the Costa Rica Tourism Board for its excellence in green hospitality. How do they do it? Solar panels are used to heat the water, a chlorine free ionization process is used in both pools, low flow toilets, underground electricity to protect monkeys and sloths, and gardens that produce a fair amount of fruits, vegetables and herbs for dining. Anything not produced onsite is purchased locally and/or organically. Arenas del Mar is one of our favorite hotels as it embodies everything we love about tourism in Costa Rica – luxury, great service, incredible location surrounded by natural beauty, and sustainable practices that focus on the long term well-being for both humans and nature.
- Located in Manuel Antonio, 2km from Manuel Antonio National Park
- 38 total rooms
- Each room furnished with king bed, satellite TV, Wi-Fi, minibar, A/C, and safe
- Breakfast is included
- Two pools, one with a swim-up bar
- Two restaurants – El Mirador and Playitas Restaurant and Bar
- Las Brisas Spa
- Direct access to two beaches, Playa Espadilla and Playitas Beach
- Beach chairs, food/drink, and towel service on Playitas Beach
- Sustainable tourism practices recognized by Rainforest Alliance
- Cayuga Property
- Level 5 CST certification (Certificate for Sustainable Tourism)
- Ranked #5 on list of top resorts in Central & South America by Travel+Leisure
- Best New Hotels in Central & South America by Conde Nast
- 50 Best New Honeymoon Spots by The Knot
- Located within walking distance to the Manuel Antonio National Park
- Located minutes away from local restaurants, shopping, and nightlife