Featuring just twenty private bungalows, Rio Perdido retains the secluded nature of the location while providing first class luxury and service. Each of the 400 sq. ft. bungalows have a unique feel to them while they all offer the same amenities such as private bathrooms, A/C, minibar, coffee maker, hair dryer, safe, flat screen cable TV, and wireless internet. Each room also features a private terrace with reading chairs and a hammock so you can relax outside and take in the incredible scenery. All rooms can be arranged to have two twin beds or one king bed. A trundle bed can fit a third adult or child.
The namesake of the 600-acre private reserve is the Rio Perdido or the “lost river”. Unlike anything you’ll see elsewhere in Costa Rica, this 150-foot gorge combines thermally heated natural springs with a cool jungle river to offer the most amazing bathing experience you’ll ever find. Eight natural springs spew 4000 gallons of hot mineral water per minute, and at these points the water is too hot for most to handle. As the hot spring water mixes with the cooler water of the river you’ll find countless pools of pristine water at varying temperatures that are perfect for prolonged bathing. You can spend a day in the river literally going from cool jungle water to hot thermal springs, and back again. Make sure to paint yourself from head to toe with volcanic mud and then rinse in the thermal river to reveal smooth, detoxed skin. If you want to get the adrenaline pumping you can enjoy adventure tours like white water tubing, mountain biking, hiking, and a canopy zip-line tour right on the property. After a long day of adventuring come back and enjoy a relaxing dip in the pool with a cocktail at the swim up bar or treat yourself to an hour in their amazing spa.
- Located 1 hour from Liberia International Airport
- 600-acre private reserve
- 20 luxurious, free-standing private bungalows
- Minimum 8 years of age
- Each bungalow is equipped with flat screen TV, Wi-Fi, minibar, A/C, and safe
- Incredible views of the dry forest and canyon from your private terrace
- A la carte breakfast included
- Pool with swim-up bar
- Restaurant serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Full service spa
- 200 ft. hanging bridge spans the Rio Perdido
- On site mountain biking, hiking, canopy zip-line tour, and river tubing
- Spend all day swimming in the thermally heated Rio Perdido River
- Volcanic mud painting station