The American Trade Hotel is the tallest building in Casco Viejo and consists of 50 rooms located on the three levels over the sprawling main lobby. The hotel, having acquired three adjacent buildings alongside the once American Trading Company, has eight room categories with each room offering a different style and layout. Every room showcases its own unique views of either Casco Viejo, the garden courtyard, or the Gulf of Panama and comes complete with king or two queen beds, A/C, Suite Sleep mattresses, Frette sheets, hand-made furnishing made of reclaimed wood, plasma TV, rain shower, Aesop toiletries, Turkish cotton bathrobes, Wi-Fi, and minibar. U.S.-based, Ace Hotels, and locally-based, Conservatorio, successfully combined new world amenities and international furnishings within old-world Spanish-colonial architecture to create one of the top, boutique hotels in Casco Viejo.
When your days aren’t busy exploring the various canal locks, climbing Ancon hill, sailing around San Blas’s white-sand islands, or interacting with indigenous communities, there is plenty to do in and around The American Trade Hotel. The pool deck located on the hotel’s rooftop offers panoramic views of Panama City’s skyline and is the perfect place to watch ships wait their turn to cross the canal. Or sip on 20’s and 30’s inspired cocktails while listening to internationally inspired music in Danilo Perez’s 50-seat Jazz Club. Danilo Perez is a renowned Panamanian jazz pianist and composer who dreamed of bringing a world-class jazz scene to Panama. When you’re hungry, farm-to-table ingredients create exceptional dining experiences in Lobby Café and Bar, where a complimentary continental breakfast is also served.
- Located in the heart of Casco Viejo, a UNESCO heritage site
- 50 rooms total
- Every room comes with king or two queen beds, A/C, TV, and Wi-Fi
- Breakfast included
- Rooftop pool with panoramic views
- The Dining Room serves farm-to-table breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- 50-seat Danilo’s Jazz Club featuring local and international artists throughout the week
- American Trade Hall perfect for events and meetings
- Sustainable practices by rehabilitating, training, and employing local youth
- ACE Hotel offering