The Panamonte Inn has since grown from its initial 5-bedrooms to a 25-bedroom boutique hotel and spa. Every room is artfully decorated with a unique blend of European taste and Panamanian charm. The El Fresal is a three-bedroom, two bathroom suite perfect for families or small groups and features a living area, cozy fireplace, and small outdoor terrace. Six of the original Panamonte Inn rooms are divided between Superior and Standard room categories, offering different bedding arrangements, including two twin beds, two full beds, and king bed options. Three larger, Junior Suites feature oversized bedrooms, mountain view terraces, two queen beds, and glass-walled showers. Set back into the gardens and newly constructed are The Terrace rooms with king beds and private outdoor seating areas. The romantic Panamonte Master Suite offers a jacuzzi with an extra large bathroom in addition to a king bed and fireplace, making it the perfect option for couples.
Panamonte Inn’s gourmet dining has been awarded by Conde Nast Traveler as one of the best restaurants in all Central America. Start your day with French toast made with in-house baked bread alongside rich, smooth Boquete coffee. For lunch, try a bowl of spiced pumpkin soup with the Mezclun salad and goat cheese. Before dinner, head to The Fireside Lounge and enjoy one of Nelson’s signature drinks while warming up next to a blazing fire in the oversized, romantic stone fireplace. Wander back over to the dining room for one of the best dinners you’ll have in Boquete. If you’d like to learn some of Chef Charlie’s tricks, ask about a culinary class and bring home the ultimate souvenir to show to your friends and family – a Panamanian meal! When you’re not busy dining or thinking about your next meal with Chef Charlie, indulge in a massage or facial at Panamonte’s Haven Spa. While it’s perfectly acceptable to spend your entire time at Panamonte enjoying the dining and wellness opportunities, there are many wonderful activities in the Chirquí region, including birdwatching, hikes, canopy zip-line, whitewater rafting, waterfalls, coffee tours, and horseback riding.
- Located in Boquete, Chiriquí
- 25 rooms
- Every room features A/C, ceiling fans, Wi-Fi, cable TV, and safe
- Chef Charlie’s Gourmet Dining blends international flavours with indigenous traditions for award-winning delicacies
- The Fireside Lounge serves delightful bar food and drinks alongside a blazing fire
- Lavish, full-service Haven Spa
- Over a century in operation
- Many VIPs have visited Panamonte including Teddy Roosevelt, Richard Nixon, and Sean Connery
- Panamonte hosts international food and wine festivals throughout the year
- Culinary classes offered by Chef Collins
- Located a short walk or taxi ride into Boquete
- One of the best restaurants in Central America by Condé Nast Traveller