Popa Paradise offers a range of room layouts and amenities, accommodating different travel styles and budgets. Our favorite rooms are the nine free-standing Garden or Ocean Casitas with king, queen or two twin size beds. These bungalows, or casitas, feature A/C, hardwood furniture with Bali inspired accents, futon, large porch overlooking the jungle or ocean with shaded seating, and satellite TV with DVD player. The two Junior Suites are on the lower level of the main house and come with a king bed, futon, ceiling fan, kitchenette, and wrap around porch with views of the sea on two sides. The Luxury Suite is one-of-a-kind option located on the top floor of the main house and features a second small bedroom, living room with satellite TV, two bathrooms, ceiling fans, a wrap around balcony with hammock and ocean views, and a full kitchen – an excellent choice for two couples. Your stay at Popa Paradise is all inclusive – breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, beer, wine and cocktails are included. The restaurant utilizes fresh, local ingredients from land and sea as well as produce from local and organic farms.
While island-life tends to slow down most guests so that they are pool/beach bound, there is plenty to do on and around this 25-acre, tropical island. The centerpiece of the boutique resort is the clubhouse where you’ll find complimentary Wi-Fi, pool table, satellite TV, DVD library, ping pong, book exchange, and gift shop. Looking to be pampered? Make sure to sign-up for a massage overlooking the jungle. Stroll down a series of pathways to visit the large free-form pool complete with thatched-roof swim-up bar and waterfall feature. Looking to do more than lounge and relax? Sign-up for a guided day or night hike around the island to see the various wildlife and fauna. Other activity options include snorkeling, scuba diving, birding, zip-lining, chocolate farm tour, and sunset sailing trips.
- Located on Popa Island, a 25-acre island within Bocas del Toro archipelago
- 9 Casitas, 2 Junior Suites, and 1 Luxury Suite
- Adults-only (18 years and older)
- All-inclusive: breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, and alcoholic drinks
- Large free-form pool with swim-up bar
- Spa and yoga services available
- 1,100 feet of sandy beach
- Complimentary Wi-Fi available in clubhouse
- Complimentary use of kayaks, snorkel gear, and fishing gear
- 35-minute boat ride from Isla Colon (must depart Isla Colon prior to 5:30pm)
- Self-guided (or guided) trails around the island
- Guided tours of the island available, including birding and nocturnal tours